Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




WEEKEND GETAWAY!

Thursday, September 3, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


This weekend we are going up to the north coast to a little place called Bombah Eco Cottages in Myall Lakes for my birthday. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to be getting out of the city...after the weekend in the Hunter Valley I really don't need much else apart from beautiful views, quite, my laptop, good books, good company, a kitchen and delicious fresh food.

Speaking of birthdays...I can't decide what to bake for my birthday cake? Some help please!

a. Chocolate Almond Torte
b. Banana Nut Layer Cake
c. Lemon Chocolate Oat Tarts
d. Something else?
We are even going a little crazy this weekend and leaving both our laptops AND internet connections at home. Seriously. It took me a good half an hour to decide to not bring it. My main reluctance is I always am looking up recipes and tips on the internet when I cook and bake, so it feels a little bit like cutting off my left hand. But I've just printed out all the numerous things I could end up making instead - when there is a will there's a way!

So without internet there will be lots of reading time...I am reading a draft edition of a book written by 'someone' (top secret sorry!) which is great and will also bring along the '7 Habits' to start re reading. LOVE this book. It is so eye opening. I highly, highly recommend buying yourself a copy - trust me, you will want to highlight things and scribble notes all over it so don't borrow from the library!

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

Anyway! Back to the wonderful Bombah Cottages. They are eco designed and I do believe they have a vegetable patch, which I dearly miss having. My dad keeps a fantastic variety of vegies back home Melbourne. Chooks as well I think, so quite excited...I hope that I can go get my own fresh eggs in the morning!

So lots to post when I get back next week! Have a lovely weekend everyone, get outside in the fresh air and enjoy life!


Labels: ,

2 comments:

fresh365 said...

Ooh I'm jealous- this looks amazing! have a wonderful time and happy birthday! I'd go withe lemon chocolate oat tarts-yum!

ZOMT said...

Thanks Erin! I'm thinking either that or Banana Almond Cake now...needs to be easier too since I have to take supplies with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails