Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




HEALTHY ZOMTREATS: fresh365

Monday, August 31, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


I would like to present the first 'Healthy ZOMTreats' post! These will become a regular feature on ZOMTBAKES where I will be challenging other food bloggers to create delicious desserts and baked goods...but there is a catch:

A ZOMTreat should use healthier ingredients, beautiful fresh and seasonal produce, local produce, natural sugars, 'good' fats etc... just as happy a treat as possible for your body!

I would like to introduce the lovely and talented Erin from fresh365! Erin cooks up a fantastic collection of vegetarian recipes on her blog. She uses delicious seasonal, organic and local products and her dishes are beautifully photographed. Droolworthy material!


Erin from fresh365 - Blueberry Sauce
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello! I am Erin of fresh365 and I am delighted to be here at ZOMTBAKES. Zoe put me up to the challenge of sharing a delicious, yet healthy dessert idea.

I enjoy light, fruity sweets that are not loaded with flour and butter, so I was up for the challenge. Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, and I was lucky enough to go blueberry picking recently. I made this delicious blueberry sauce with agave nectar, a natural sweetener, instead of sugar, but feel free to swap your favorite sweetener. It is wonderful over pound cake, atop a lemon sorbet, or in a crepe. Enjoy! Thank you for having me, Zoe. This was great fun!



Blueberry Sauce
Ingredients
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp water
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp corn starch

Method
In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients. Stir well and turn
heat to medium-low. Allow sauce to lightly boil, turning to low if
necessary, 15-20 minutes, until blueberries have broken down and sauce
has thickened. Spoon over your favorite treat and enjoy!


3 comments:

gfs said...

mmmm...looks scrummy!

Sometimes we make berry compotes using no sugars at all, if paired with a sweet ice cream or meringue the sugar isn't needed and you get that wonderful tartness. It's not for all tastes though!

fresh365 said...

Thanks again Zoe for having me!

Jennifer said...

I loved this post, Zoe!!! The blueberry sauce with the healthy kick looks and sounds so great!! Something we can all totally appreciate :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails