Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




PIP'S FAMOUS TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE PERFECTION

Friday, August 28, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


My lovely beautiful friend Pip is just so precious to me...and not just because she made me these amazingly rich and decadent triple chocolate brownies! Although it certainly gets her brownie points. Hah my puns are hilarious I know.
No but seriously, she is a kindred spirit in my life and I am truly grateful for her.

These fudgy brownies with slightly crunchy crusts are apparently much requested back in Melbourne. Well, now these will be requested in Sydney as well. I had two of these and had to remove them entirely from my apartment and deliver them to John because I swear I would have eaten the entire thing even if I died during the process. In the words of one of her favourite quotes from The Meaning of Night, Michael Cox:

"Whoever heeds the voice of reason when love whispers, softly persuasive, in the other ear..."


or in the context of this post;

"Whoever heeds the voice of reason when brownies whisper, softly persuasive, in the other ear..."

(She will hate me for butchering that!)

These are really not for mass consumption, they fall under my 'special food' category...sadly not much healthy nutrients going on here. Did I mention they are damn delicious though? Just try them once, really. You need to.


Pip's Famous Triple Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients
185g butter
185g dark chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup fine raw sugar
2/3 cup spelt wholemeal flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
3/4 cup milk chocolate, roughly chopped

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line the base of a baking dish with baking paper and grease the sides with butter.
Place butter and dark chocolate in a sauce pan over very low heat and stir until just smooth and combined. Allow to cool.


Meanwhile, place eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Fold the cooled chocolate and butter mixture through the eggs. Sift the flour and cocoa over the wet ingredients and mix to combine.


Fold the white and milk chocolate through then pour into a square baking dish or tin. Bake for 35-40mins or until set. Allow to cool then cut into squares with a sharp knife.

5 comments:

Disneypal said...

Yummy - they look and sound delicious - I want to try these !!

Jennifer said...

These sound amazing! Beautiful pictures! What a great friend you have! :)

kiss my spatula said...

i want these for dinner tonight! :)

Justin said...

since you have 3 kinds of chocolate AND cocoa, can't you call them quadruple chocolate???

ZOMT said...

Justin - haha perhaps they should just be called lots of chocolate brownies!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails