Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




LEMON & STEWED FIG SORBET

Sunday, March 8, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


This has got to be the most simple (cheating!) dessert I have made. Not ashamed though, it tastes too nice to care. Although, if I could fit an ice cream maker in my small small kitchen then I could of made my own sorbet which would make it a little harder.


So beautiful fresh figs from Fratelli Fresh, Potts Point were the inspiration. The Weis Lemon sorbet is a lovely, tangy complement to the sweetness of the figs.


Just let the sorbet soften at room temperature so its easier to work with. I used little cupcake/nut cups so they could be removed - but you could serve this straight up in a glass too.
Let the stewed figs cool and simply layer with sorbet then back in the freezer for a good couple of hours to set.
If in the cupcake cups then flip and turn over, serve with half a fresh fig on top.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails