Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




KINGS CROSS MARKET

Saturday, March 21, 2009
Posted by ZOMT

Most Saturday mornings I try and get to the Kings Cross Markets. Located in Fitzroy Gardens next to the Alamein Fountain, they are open every Saturday from 9am til 2pm. Of course as with all markets the earlier you get there the better, especially if you want to get all the good fresh produce!
Sometimes I won't buy anything, I'll just wander around soaking up the buzz and doing a bit of people watching. Today though, I did a bit of shopping.

I bought Chia Seeds from gorgeous old lady who I chatted to for about 20 minutes first. She even let me take her photo.


Chia Seeds (Salvia Hispanica) are rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6, a great source of protein, antioxidants and amino acids. You eat them raw, and they taste slightly nutty, a bit like flax seeds. Sprinkle them though porridge, cereal, yoghurt, salads, rice, quinoa, baked goods etc... basically whatever you like. A superfood for sure!

I stopped by the Toby's Estate stall, and bought some Honduras Estate whole beans...and of course got my free skinny latte. I love Toby's; everytime I buy coffee from them, they get a little excited when I confirm "Yes, WHOLE beans" ! They are just really into their coffee and obviously love when their customers are too.

Toby's also have tea which I must have missed in their cafe shop somehow...nice little tins too.


I want one of these hessian coffee bags. No idea what I would do with it, maybe a wall hanging?


Well she isn't for sale and she isn't food, but she is the sweetest puppy in the world. She sits outside the plant stall all day and gets pats and love from everybody. She is a total sook and knows how cute she is too!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails