Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




BANANA ALMOND & APRICOT BARS

Monday, May 3, 2010
Posted by ZOMT

Banana Nut Bars (1)


I came across this recipe on one of my favourite food blogs Anja's Food 4 Thought. I always find delicious and healthy looking recipes on her site and have finally gotten around to trying one.

I substituted a few ingredients with what I had in the pantry and also halved the recipe. These little bars are quite delicious, a lovely banana flavour with the crunchy nuts and bursts of sweet dried apricots. They stay quite soft with a little crunch on the edges and I think next time I would bake them as individual biscuits so that you get just a little more crunch!

Banana Nut Bars (3)


Banana Almond & Apricot Bars 
serves 12 / approx. 98 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: fat 3.4g / carbs 15g / protein 1.7g
printable recipe
 
Ingredients
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup sultanas
10 whole apricots
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup apple sauce, (or pureed apple)
1 tbsp macadamia oil

Method
Roughly chop the almonds and apricots. Mix together almonds, apricots and other dry ingredients. Set aside.
Mash the banana, then mix apple sauce and oil in well. Fold wet ingredients into the dry until mixture comes together in your hands. Form into cookie shapes or flatten onto baking paper lined tray.
Bake at 175°C between 18-22 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting.


Granola Apple Brekkie (4)4th May, 

Had one of these for breakfast this morning, crumbled over the top of a grated granny smith apple with almond milk. So delicious!

This would work lovely with some diced pear or fresh strawberries too.

Or over some stewed rhubarb - a healthy crumble for breakfast!


Banana Nut Bars (2)

2 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

ooh yum i love the inclusion of cinnamon in these bars!

ZOMT said...

Thanks chocolatesuze, I love the inclusion of cinnamon in anything! It's my favourite spice...I've been know to add it to most sweet recipes haha
love your blog by the way! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails