Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




BASIL, SAGE & ALMOND PESTO

Thursday, September 17, 2009
Posted by ZOMT

Basil Pesto (3)

Do you know what I love? Fresh herbs. Even more so I love using fresh herbs to create simple yet exquisite tasting dishes. What can be more simple but delicious than a fresh pesto?
Really easy to make, I used this with handmade orrechiette, handmade Spelt & Semolina Wholemeal Pasta and later in the week just on top of some chicken breast. Perfect a top some crusty bread too!


Basil Pesto (2)

Basil Sage & Almond Pesto

Ingredients
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup almonds
2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
1/8 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
Salt & pepper to taste


Basil Pesto (4)

Method
In a small food processor, whilst the motor is running add the garlic clove and chop. Add all the basil leaves, sage leaves, whole almonds, lemon juice and cheese. Process until finely chopped.
With the motor running again, slowly drizzle the oil in until well combined. Add a bit more or less depending on the thickness you desire.
Fold through the ricotta cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve on freshly made Wholemeal Spelt & Semolina pasta with some extra cheese grated on top; marinade some meat or fish; have on a crusty piece of bread or just as a delicious dip.


Basil Pesto (1)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my this pesto sounds so lovely- the sage being so perfect to Autumn type dishes. YUM! I am saving this! Beautiful photos

fresh365 said...

I love a good pesto! What a great variation!

Anonymous said...

I have never put sage in a pesto, what a wonderful addition. I think I will make this tonight as I have all the ingredients! Great post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails