Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




SPELT LEMON PANCAKES, BROWNIES & THE HUNTER VALLEY

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


Just wanted to share some photographs from our lovely, heavenly, beautiful weekend away at the Mount View lodges, (highly recommend these.) It is hard to describe just how serene this place is, or how vast and never ending the view is.
Imagine seeing as far as the eye can see and hearing nothing but a few little birds, some leaves rustling and just....silence. It was unbelievable to fall asleep to total silence. In fact I actually woke up a few times the first night and couldn't work out why it was so QUIET. Waking in the morning to the sun rising...drifting off to sleep again...then waking and feeling refreshed and ready to meet the difficult day ahead of reading, chatting, eating and resting.


Did I mention the eating? There was appropriately plenty of it...and good eating too. Probably not the healthiest weekend in my life, but we didn't stand a chance as the lovely Mount View lodges come complete with homemade brownies (very delicious) and chocolate chip cookies.



Then there was my blueberry butter. Mainly blueberries, but still some butter there which I definitely do not eat a lot. Spelt wholemeal flour pancakes with leftover lemon & eggwhite mix from the Birthday Lemon Puddings the night before. I'm telling you, lemon pancakes are the best.

UPDATE 19.08.09

Ok so this is an attempt at remembering the recipe I threw together for the pancakes...it is basically just lemon pudding mix with more flour added, so you have to have Puddings the night before, damn!

Spelt Lemon Pancakes
Ingredients
(serves 2 / 12 x 10cm pancakes)
1 cup of uncooked Birthday Lemon Puddings leftover mix
Extra (approx. 1 cup) spelt wholemeal flour
Extra milk

Method
Whisk the leftover lemon pudding mix because it will have seperated. Add the spelt flour, and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add some more milk.
In a hot pan, cook approximately 2 minutes on each side (flip when some bubbles appear,) in a bit of organic butter. Serve with fresh fruit, yoghurt, jam etc....
We had fresh blueberrys, yoghurt & home made muesli on ours.


That view was just spectacular. I cannot get over it. I want to live there. Forever.
Did I mention they also left fresh eggs, bacon, field mushrooms, yoghurt, juice, milk, jams, tea, coffee, homemade oil-free muesli as well? Divine!


6 comments:

Q. said...

Gosh! Your photos are to die for!

niabassett said...

You HAVE to get the recipe for the spelt lemon pancakes. I must have it!

gfs said...

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM - So jealous! It all looks and I'm so glad you came back all Zen. Do you really think you could give up your city life for that view? I've always wanted to, just for a few years :)

ZOMT said...

niabassett - ok ok! I will update the post with a rough guide on the ingredients soon...will have to try and remember!
Jas - YEP DEFINITELY. City life versus that life is nothing. I would rather live there and visit the city every so often instead :)

skoraq cooks said...

Oh I wish I wasn't sooo lazy. Then I could prepare such delicious and good looking pancakes for breakfast :-)

Anonymous said...

I have such a craving for pancakes right now--I think I might have to make some this weekend! :) Ugh those look sooooo good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails