Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




ORANGE & LEMON ALMOND TORTE

Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


This little orange & lemon torte is so wonderfully fragrant and moist. I had lots of egg yolks in the fridge that needed to be used and some beautiful oranges from BoxFresh. I brought it into work with me today and it was very tasty according to all reviews.

I want to try this with blood oranges next time. Oh and it is also gluten free which is a bonus!


Ingredients
1 whole orange
1 whole lemon
6 egg yolks
½ cup soft brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
175g organic unsalted butter
1 ½ cup almond meal
¼ cup flaked almonds for top
2 tbsp caster sugar for top


Method
Preheat oven to 170 degree Celsius.
Dice the orange and lemon into chunks, remove all the seeds and the pith. Process (or blend) until smooth – add a few tbsp of water if necessary to loosen the mixture.


Add egg yolks, sugar and melted butter and continue to process until mixture is as smooth as
possible.
Fold through almond meal and smooth mix into a baking dish.
Bake for 30-40mins until a knife is removed cleanly from the center. Sprinkle flaked almonds & sugar over top and grill until lightly browned.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum this looks amazing and actually something I might be able to handle in the kitchen!

ZOMT said...

haha well I made mine in a blender as I don't have a food processor (no cupboard space left!) so it was mainly like making a smoothie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails