Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




NATURAL SWEETENER: APRICOT SYRUP FOR A BREAKFAST PARFAIT

Sunday, June 20, 2010
Posted by ZOMT

Apricot Syrup (2)


After the response to the natural sweetener date syrup post that I did a few weeks ago, I decided to try using another dried fruit instead of dates. I use some Turkish dried apricots and have been very happy with this sweet, delicious syrup. Whilst the flavour is not as neutral as the date syrup, it is perfect for adding a twist to your breakfast or porridge or perhaps even baked goods (although I haven't tried this yet.)

I love apricots, and this a great way to add that beautiful flavour to lots of meals. My favourite has been in a healthy and nutritious brekkie parfait which is simply fresh fruit, muesli, natural yoghurt and apricot syrup layered in a glass.




Apricot Syrup (1)



Apricot Syrup
serves 4 / approx. 39 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: 0g fat / 10g carbs / 0.5g protein
printable recipe

Ingredients
1/2 cup dried turkish apricots
2 cups water 

Method
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.



Apricot Syrup Brekkie Parfait (5)





Apricot Syrup Brekkie Parfait (2)

4 comments:

Anh said...

This will be so nice over yoghurt. Love ! :)

mr. pineapple man said...

that looks amazing!

Janine said...

Do you think this recipe would work with dried cranberries as well?

ZOMT said...

Yes dried cranberries would be delicious I think! I haven't tried it though, but I can't see why it wouldn't work :) Let me know how you go please!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails