Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




HONEY & ALMOND BISCOTTI

Sunday, May 23, 2010
Posted by ZOMT

Honey & Almond Biscotti (6b)


These are a lovely, quick and easy little biscotti that goes just perfectly with a hot cup of tea. (I would like to try them with brown sugar next time or all honey, but I only had caster sugar.) You really do need a beautifully flavoured honey as it just shines in these crunchy little bites. So do try and get hold of a good quality honey.

Honey & Almond Biscotti (3)


Honey & Almond Biscotti
serves 30 / approx. 54 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: 2.5g fat / 7.2g carbs / 1.6g protein
printable recipe

Ingredients
1 cup almonds, whole
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp Leatherwood honey
2-3 tbsp cold water

Method
Preheat oven to 150° Celsius (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Finely chop 1/2 cup of the almonds and place in a large bowl.

Sift flour, baking powder and bicarb soda over chopped almonds. Add the sugar and remaining whole almonds. Stir to combine. Add honey and cold water as required. Stir until mixture just starts to come together. using your hand, knead until well combined.

Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log about 15-18cm long. It is quite a delicate dough, so just carefully press it into shape. Press down the tops slightly to flatten a bit. Place on baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 130° Celsius.

Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into 1 cm slices. Place slices, in a single layer onto tray. Cook for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and firm. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.



Honey & Almond Biscotti (1)

6 comments:

the southern hostess said...

These look fantastic! And I love the ceramic cups.

Jennifer said...

SO beautiful!!! biscotti and tea remind me of times with my grandpa every evening.

M. said...

I just made biscotti myself...and they are such lovely treats.... :)
Yours look beautiful...gorgeous photography and styling :)

ZOMT said...

the southern hostess - thank you! Aren't the cups adorable?! I wish I had bought more at the time as I haven't found them again...
Jennifer - glad to have brought up nice memories for you :) my nan never had biscotti...she was more of a squashed fly biscuit kinda of nan! (those are biscuits with raisins in them if you haven't heard of them)
M. - thank you :) they are so simple to make aren't they!

David said...

I have never made my own biscotti before. But after reading your recipe I'm intrigued to try sometimes soon.

Živilė said...

I've made these goodies twice already. It's very delicious, cheap, easy to make :) Thanks for recipe. I'll definetely use only this recipe for my biscotti :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails