Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




CRANBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

Sunday, May 9, 2010
Posted by ZOMT

Cranberry White Choc Cookie (3)


Since my mum is in Melbourne and I'm stuck up in Sydney...I made John's mum some of her favourite cookies for Mothers' day. (Actually I don't even like white chocolate and these could quite easily be on my favourite list too...not my top favourite, but pretty damn good. Certainly useful for carbo loading and getting some good 'guilt drive' to get through my first 8km run in a while!)

My own mum is amazing. Purely amazing. I love her, admire her, confide in her, cry with her, laugh with her and share everything with her...she is my best friend and mother at the same time. Happy Mothers' day Mary...I asked Pickles to give you lots of extra kitten love on Sunday :)

So Happy Mothers' day to all the wonderful, amazing and special mums out there! I hope somebody bakes you delicious cookies too!

Cranberry White Choc Cookie (2)

Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies
serves 48 / approx. 85 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: 5g fat / 9g carbs / 1.4g protein
printable recipe 

Ingredients
170g unsalted, organic butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Logicane Low GI sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 organic eggs
1 cup oat flour (processed oats)
1 1/4 cup whole meal plain flour
2 cups chopped white chocolate
1 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries

Method
Preheat oven to 180° Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Beat together room temperature butter with both sugars until creamy. Add vanilla, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt and eggs and continue to beat until everything is well combined.
Add whole meal plain flour and oat flour and mix until dough comes together. It will be still a bit sticky. Stir in chopped white chocolate and cranberries until evenly distributed.
Scoop tablespoon sized amount, roll lightly and place on trays with plenty of room for spreading. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges a lightly browned. Allow to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes and then move to baking rack to cool completely.
Serve to your mum with a cup of tea!

Cranberry White Choc Cookie (1)

1 comments:

M. said...

another beautiful recipe :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails