Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




(PETER RABBIT'S) CARROT CAKE PORRIDGE

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Posted by ZOMT

Carrot Cake Porridge (5)


This is one of my favourite ways to have porridge in the morning. It's got all my favourite flavours in it and is a fantastic way to get in an extra serve of vegetables - before the day has even started you're ahead!

If you used a microplane or very finely grate the carrot, the kiddies wouldn't even know they are eating veggies for breakfast. Evil I know. I'm totally mature though and prefer my to julienne my carrot.

Carrot Cake Porridge (4)

Peter Rabbit's Carrot Cake Porridge
serves 2 / approx. 280 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: fat 9g / carbs 40g / protein 11g

printable recipe

Ingredients
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 carrot, peeled & grated
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
20ml maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup yoghurt
1/4 low fat milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 cups water


Carrot Cake Porridge (3)

Method
Add water, oats, cinnamon and carrot to a saucepan. Over a low heat, bring to a gentle simmer and cook until creamy and of your desired porridge consistency. Add more water as necessary. Once cooked, remove from stove and stir through cold milk.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, chopped walnuts and maple syrup on top.


Carrot Cake Porridge (1)

2 comments:

Justin said...

i guess porridge isn't too common around here, but this looks good. i really like the photos

ZOMT said...

Really? I never really thought of porridge not being a common thing in most parts of the world! It's just a great healthy breakfast choice :) my favourite by far.

Related Posts with Thumbnails