Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




OATMEAL ALMOND COOKIES

Monday, June 22, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


These are some pretty healthy little cookies - keep in mind that they still have natural fats and sugars...but they are certainly full of some good nutritious oats, wheat germ, almonds and honey. A better option than any store bought cookie at least!!


Almond Oatmeal Cookies

 
Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup ground almond flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/4 cup almond butter 1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 eggs

Method
Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Over a low heat, soften the honey and almond butter in a small saucepan until the mixture just comes to the boil. Remove this from the heat and mix in the bicarb soda straight away. You will see it thicken and sort of bubble as you keep stirring. Next, pour this in to the oat mixture, mix through lightly. Fold through the beaten eggs.



Roll the mix into small balls, and place onto a baking tray - flatten a little. (I found my mix was quite sticky, I just had to wash my hands a few times...I suppose you could add a little more flour to the mix, but I didn't want to dry out the batter.) Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cool before eating.


I made little cookies and then one BIG one!

You can dip the bottoms into melted dark chocolate too if you like. This is not an overly sweet at all...but I like these to take to work for my mid morning tea, so don't want them too sugary or I get ups and downs all day!


14 comments:

Pattie said...

These looks super yummy!
I'll have to try these soon :D

ZOMT said...

Thanks Pattie :) they are quite delicious! Let me know how you go with the recipe.

m* said...

Thanks for the comment and the add! Macarons are just amazing little treats, and they're definitely one of the most inconsistent things I've ever made. It's a love/hate relationship with these things!

Anywho, these cookies sound amazing. Oats, almonds, and honey - a winning combination.

Bridget said...

I love these!! Thank you for a beautiful post.

I've included this recipe in my Ultimate Top 30 Healthy Recipe Posts on the Internet

www.theinternetchef.biz

Thank you for sharing!!
Love,
Bridge.

Maija Haavisto said...

Uh, this is probably a really stupid question, but where is the actual recipe? I only see a picture...

ZOMT said...

Maija - you just need to click the "continue reading" link underneath the photo; that will open up the full post, Enjoy! :)

Maija Haavisto said...

Uh, there's no such a link on my screen. Ctrl-F doesn't find it either.

Anonymous said...

Cookies look amazing! Just one silly question, where is the recipe itself? I see only finishing words of it..

ZOMT said...

you need to click the 'read more' link to see the recipe/full post...
this is it here:
http://zomtbakes.blogspot.com/2009/06/oatmeal-almond-cookies.html
hope that helps! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. Thanks for your help but there are no these words on the page :((( I put in your link - it doesn't work as well.. The text on the page starts like that "Roll the mix into small balls, and place onto a baking tray ..."

ZOMT said...

not sure why...here is the recipe anyway :)

Almond Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup ground almond flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/4 cup almond butter 1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 eggs

Method
Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Over a low heat, soften the honey and almond butter in a small saucepan until the mixture just comes to the boil. Remove this from the heat and mix in the bicarb soda straight away. You will see it thicken and sort of bubble as you keep stirring. Next, pour this in to the oat mixture, mix through lightly. Fold through the beaten eggs.

Anonymous said...

I have made these twice now and they're amazing! So scummy and healthy to boot!

The first time I followed the recipe exactemundo. Second time I got a bit wild and added vanilla paste, currants and cinnamon (really wanted to add ground ginger for some warmth in the Aussie winter, but had none on hand0.

Thanks so much!

ZOMT said...

So glad you enjoyed them! Your second batch sounds delicious - I love cinnamon and currants together :)

Anonymous said...

I tried these last night. They are very good and I find coating good dark chocolate to the bottom of the cookies makes a HUGE difference!! Brilliant! I also drizzle some extra dark chocolate to the top of each cookie!! Yum!!!! What's great is that I don't feel guilty eating a bunch of these because they are so healthy!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails