Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




SALMON STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SPINACH RISSONI

Monday, April 20, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


I had an unfortunate incident with a salmon steak about a year ago. It basically involved vomiting it up which subsequently stopped me eating salmon. I still LIKED salmon, I just couldn't bear the smell or sight of it, so actually putting it in my mouth was difficult logistically.
Which is a pity, because this salmon steak was so amazingly delicious that I can't believe I have missed a whole year without it! Not to mention all the great health benefits I've been missing too. I bought two steaks fresh from Francis the fishmonger at the Kings Cross Markets this morning, and it has got to be the best salmon I have ever eaten.


The mushroom and spinach rissoni was perfect with it; and would be a great meal in itself with some added chicken. Yummy vegetables from Box Fresh again.

Something that really added that extra kick to this meal was the garlic oil that has been sitting in my fridge for a few days. Just throw a few fresh garlic cloves into some olive oil and you get a lovely but not overwhelming flavour to cook with. Just adds that bit of depth.

Salmon Steak with Mushroom Spinach Rissoni

Ingredients
300g salmon steak, cut in half
Garlic olive oil
Sea salt flakes & pepper

1 cup rissoni
2 generous handfuls of fresh spinach
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, diced


Method
Cut the salmon steak in half and season generously with sea salt flakes and pepper. Set aside.

Boil some water and add the rissoni, cook for about 7-9 minutes or as directed on the packet. Meanwhile, heat the garlic oil and add the diced onion in. Once softened, add mushrooms and cook through till browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pan for the salmon.

Making sure the pan is nice and hot, cook the salmon on the skin side first for about 5-6 minutes then flip (only once!) over and cook for a further 3-4 mintues. Don't overcook it, you want the middle to still be a bit pink.

Drain the rissoni and stir the mushrooms and spinach through until the spinach softens down. Plate up and serve with a fresh lemon wedge.



Salmon, I missed you.

I promise I will never forget you again.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails