Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




CHOCOLATE CHIP / ESPRESSO SPICE ZOMTCOOKIES

Thursday, April 30, 2009
Posted by ZOMT


Cookies anyone?

I haven't baked cookies, like real cookie dough crunchy buttery cookies in years! What is wrong with me?

I just used a basic dough recipe and added 'flavour' ingredients to make two different sorts...I had a billion flavours going through my head but decided upon the classic chocolate chip and a more creative spice and coffee one; which I was a bit unsure about honestly, but it worked better than I thought too which was nice. I made some of those without a walnut crust, but I love walnuts so preferred it with.

Chocolate Chip ZOMTCookies

Ingredients
120g soft brown sugar
180g unsalted butter
90g white caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups white flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Method
Combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream butter & sugars together until fluffy. Add vanilla essence and dry ingredients until the dough starts to come together. Add the chocolate chips and work until a soft dough forms.


Roll the dough with your hands into a log shape about 3-4cm in diameter depending on what size cookies you want. Roll up in some baking paper firmly (or plastic wrap,) and refrigerate for about an hour at least.


Slice into 1cm pieces and bake between 15-20mins depending on how soft/crunchy you like your cookies.







Espresso Spice ZOMTCookies


Ingredients
120g soft brown sugar
180g unsalted butter
90g white caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups white flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup finely ground coffee beans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 chopped walnuts
& some brown sugar (for rolling)

Method
Combine all dry ingredients including ground coffee. In a separate bowl, cream butter & sugars together until fluffy. Add vanilla essence and dry ingredients until the dough is soft.


Roll the dough with your hands into a log shape about 3-4cm in diameter depending on what size cookies you want. Place the chopped walnuts & brown sugar on a board and roll the dough log into the nut mixture.


Press it firmly in and roll up in some baking paper firmly (or plastic wrap,) and refrigerate for about an hour at least.
Slice into 1cm pieces and bake between 15-20mins depending on how soft/crunchy you like your cookies.

There is now a very yummy looking container of cookies in my pantry; but they will be going to special people in my life soon!


In fact some lucky ones have already got there little parcels full of love and ZOMTCookies!



5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi just trying your recipe for chocolate chip cookies, all the ingredients are not making a dough. I've used 250g as a cup but the consistency is too dry to bind. What size cup do you use?

Any suggestions? An egg or more butter perhaps?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Karen

ZOMT said...

Hi Karen,
I can be a bit lazy with measuring flour...sifted, spooned, heaped cup! So it could have been a bit off.
I would just add in some more butter until you get that doughy consistency. It shouldn't be too wet though, still needs to form easily. Good luck, let me know if this helps!! Zoe

Karen said...

Thanks Zoe. I added an egg and 2 T of milk. Not cooked them yet, what oven temp would you recommend?

I love your healthy approach and the photos are great!

Karen

ZOMT said...

I baked them at 180 degrees Celsius, just keep an eye on them :)

ATasteOfMadness said...

This sounds and looks heavenly! I must make these soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails