Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




NUTRITIOUS ANZAC SLICE

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Posted by ZOMT



Dear beloved sweet blog,

My sincerest apologies for neglecting you of late. I have no excuse other than being busy and trying so hard not to let food interfere with all my running and gym going. It's been hot as well, and turning on the oven is just not cool right now (pun intended).

Still, I know you miss me and I was craving Anzac cookies the other day...but I honestly didn't even have time to shape each cookie and bake two batches! So I made some lazy and nutritious Anzac slice. It's not low in fat, but they are good happy fats and I don't think you care anyway since blogs don't have waistlines.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I am...they are far too delicious and moreish!

Much love,
Zoe



Nutritious Anzac Slice
serves 18 / approx. 146 calories per serve
approx. macronutrient breakdown: fat 7.7g / carbs 16.8g (2.9g sugar) / protein 3.4g


Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup coconut (dessicated)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup panela sugar (also known as rapadura)
1/4 cup macadamia oil
1 tbsp coconut oil/butter
2 tbsp soy milk

Method
Whisk together oats, flour, coconut, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, coconut butter, honey and panela sugar until combined. Soften the mixture over low heat if necessary (a double boiler will work well here).
Combine the wet ingredients with the oat and flour and mix until combined. Add the 2 tbsp of soy milk and mix until combined.
Put into a lined square dish, greased with a little coconut butter. Ensure it is pressed firmly down. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails